PICTURE: Munich memorable clock sponsorship at Old Trafford?

According to rumours spreading around Twitter, this picture comes after David Gill unveiled the sponsorship of the Munich Disaster memorial clock outside Old Trafford today. I hope someone takes a picture tomorrow to prove this is nothing more than a hoax because this would be going too far. To globalise the most poignant part of United’s history for financial gain would be a disgrace.

Edit: Nick Coppack has confirmed that this was nothing more than a hoax by posting a picture of the clock on Thursday morning, Hublot free.

Sam Peoples 03/23/2012 - 20:01

Stop being a WUM. Google that if you don’t understand the meaning either!

Sam Peoples 03/23/2012 - 16:07

Yes United should sign Messi, Ronaldo and sell Anderson for £60m to City!

John Ashton 03/23/2012 - 17:43

I agree with the first bit but I think the bit about selling Anderson for 60 million is stupid. I’m not sure a real Man U fan would say something so stupid.

Reg 03/22/2012 - 12:50

dat clock is broke lol!

John Ashton 03/22/2012 - 10:42

I’m disgusted at the person whose photoshopped this. He may as well as dance on the graves of Tommy Edwards and co. This can’t be the work of a real Man U fan.

Sam Peoples 03/22/2012 - 10:47

By Tommy Edwards, I presume you mean either Duncan Edwards or Tommy Taylor?

Regardless, I agree that it is far from the work of a true United fan. You shouldn’t use the phrase “Man U” either. Used as a derogatory term in the past.

John Ashton 03/22/2012 - 11:03

What you mean? Ray Wilkins calls us Man U too.

paulbienkowski 03/22/2012 - 11:47

Tommy Edwards? Sounds like you know your history! As for calling us Man U, you should be ashamed!!

John Ashton 03/22/2012 - 12:39

Why would I be ashamed to support Man U? We’ve won 12 premier league trophies and 2 Champions leagues. There’s no shame in that! I’ve been a proud Man U fan since 2008 and I’m hoping to go to Old Trafford next year.

paulbienkowski 03/23/2012 - 10:03

Perhaps you need to learn to read and understand english before you comment on peoples blogs. I was referring to the fact you call Manchester United ‘Man U’, thats what you should be ashamed of. A fan since 2008, wow your not one of them glory supporters are you? Oh and we have won 3 Champions Leagues actually 1968, 1999 & 2008, the one when you became a fan lol

John Ashton 03/23/2012 - 11:11

And what’s so bad about calling us Man U? Lots of united legends on sky like Ray Wilkins call us ‘Man U’. And yes I like Man U cause they win trophies. I used to watch Chelsea but they’re rubbish n

paulbienkowski 03/23/2012 - 11:33

Read this link, if it doesn’t make you understand nothing will http://community.manutd.com/forums/t/4772.aspx

John Ashton 03/23/2012 - 11:47

I think Man U should sign Messi. What you think?

paulbienkowski 03/23/2012 - 12:22

Messi has stated he will not leave Barcelona, so frankly I don’t think we should. He would be half the player without players like Iniesta and Xavi and he would cost a fortune. I don’t even think he would perform as well in the Premier League. I don’t think you have any sence when it comes to football in all honesty. I bet you supported Chelsea at KO of CL final in 2008 and United at the end!!!

John Ashton 03/23/2012 - 17:29

No I stopped watching Chelsea when Mourinho left, that’s when I became a massive Man U fan. The 2008 final was a bit weird for me but the result showed I picked the right team! Lol!

Man U should go for Messi, Xavi and Iniesta then. We’re the biggest club in the world!

We are Man U, we’ll sign who we want!