Could Nani be hinting a possible move away from Manchester United?

Nani celebrating a goal he scored for Manchester United (Getty)

Earlier this evening, Nani, through his agent came out with a comment which could be construed as him thinking about leaving Manchester United. He has spent 5 years at the Manchester club and has a divide of fans who love him and some that don’t think he pulls he weight at the club. He has not been the most consistent player in the squad recently, but the guy does have talent. I for one would not be happy to see him leave Manchester United.

The rumours have started earlier this evening when the following comments were released through the Portuguese Television Channel RTP;

“Now I am really happy, but I don’t know about my future.

“Now I will study opportunities. Football is not only about England or Spain. It is possible to enjoy success in other countries.

“My agent is waiting on news about United. We have presented a counter-offer and now we are waiting on an offer from the club.”

Reading between the lines it sounds like Manchester United have offered the Portugal international a new contract, which was not good enough for Nani to stay at the Manchester club. It might be that he see’s himself as a ‘star’ player in the same league as Wayne Rooney and would like a bumper pay deal to stay at the club, or he might actually want to leave. We don’t know the facts right now, but it is certainly not looking good for Manchester United right now.

Earlier this week, Manchester United missed out on signing the talented Belgian, Eden Hazard and now this is happening.  I am sure it will all be sorted quite quickly after Euro 2012 has taken place in Poland and Ukraine.

Personally I want to see Nani at the club next season but I feel he would make more of an impact if he plays on the right-wing more often. I just think he looks more of a threat in that position, rather than being on the left all the time.

By Paul Bienkowski

patto1992 06/02/2012 - 14:29

I just think that he hasn’t progressed as well as everyone thought and now Valencia and Young are both better wingers than him however he is on his day one of the best in the Premier League and I think Fergie would rather see him move abroad than stay in England

fyilyip 06/02/2012 - 08:50

i think Nani shld stay just incase thea is an injury to Valencia.he is good cover up but for assists and team work Valencia and young are up the pecking order.with Kagawa wearing the no.7 jersey and cleverly back we’ll be a formidable team

Imran 06/02/2012 - 08:21

Nani is a good average player. His whole game needs a makeover. Sell him for 30m and get Gotze or Eriksen , problem sorted.

Princekayode 06/02/2012 - 06:24

I believe nani will not leave united now, he need more time to develop his game and i mean consistently, what abt gaitan? I believe sir Alex is done with man united, he should just please go and resign, we need a coach who can buy world class players not d one who do with a young ones and tend to compete with d likes of man city, chealsy and tottenham for trophies…

Imran 06/02/2012 - 08:19

Learn more about the game before making an idiot of yourself

Joseph kenneth 06/01/2012 - 23:57

Man utd should nt let nani 2 leve d manchester club

ADUBA EMEKA KESTER 06/02/2012 - 03:57

Sir Alex,I beg u in the name of God keep nani for us,We love him,we want him and we like the way he play.YOu cannot afford to loose hime when you know young is no consistent,How can u keep carrick that makes 500 passes back to our post and ferdinand that is a finished material or EVans that is not worthy to be a man utd player.And u want nani to leave.pls keep him for us oh.I beg u.We need more players,me am tired of trophyless heart break pls

JB 06/01/2012 - 23:52

Why do so many players act like total twats these days?

The Redd 06/01/2012 - 23:24

young (left), valencia (right) is United best option, Nani is United very own Robben selfish and lack quality in decision making….

The Redd 06/01/2012 - 23:21

he should get lost

bruce thomas 06/01/2012 - 23:18

Or we could get Gaitan. Nani is a selfish player and shoots too often when a pass is the right move.

Atusaghe Mwalwenje 06/01/2012 - 23:12

I agree totally that Nani needs to stay, i mean what message would that send if he leaves n we lead 2 left winger n let him play on the right, let him battle it out with valencia of which i think he wil come out on top

UNISA CONTEH 06/02/2012 - 00:45

I dont THINK i AM GOING TO MISS HIM, HIS INABILITY TO READ AND EXECUTE A QUICK COUNTER ATTACK MAKES HIM AN UNLIKABLE FELLOW FOR US THA KNOW SOCCER.
UNISA CONTEH, SIERRA LEONE