PICTURE: Anderson does himself no favours with Instagram

I really want Anderson to break through this season and his performances so far have been solid. But, I just for the life of me cannot understand his thinking process.

He has been given three days off during the international break and has decided to take a trip to Dubai. Nothing wrong with that. But uploading pictures to your Instagram account sipping on Dom Perignon and stuffing your face with chocolate when your fitness is so often questioned?

I don’t care what anybody says. “Don’t be such a kill-joy, he’s just having a good time” – it just doesn’t cut it anymore.

You wouldn’t catch Paul Scholes stuffing his face and plastering pictures all over the internet, especially if their weight was such a concern to fans. It’s a kick in the teeth for those that defend him and say that his attitude and talent will prevail.

The season has started, pre-season is over, and he is first and foremost a Manchester United player now.

He’s a happy go lucky guy, I understand that, but his professionalism and desire to actually become a top player at United just don’t seem to be there. As much as I am all for players enjoying the luxuries that their hard work brings them, it shouldn’t get in the way of their football, and Anderson’s clearly does. He needs to buck up his ideas, pronto.

Vaishak 09/08/2012 - 17:13

I understand where you make this point from,even I want him to make it this season,like you said he is probably not showing the seriousness off the field,he must,hope he learns from the master himself Scholesy! Just hope he has a great season,incase he doesn’t,he will have no one but himseld to blame…this is probably his last chance.

Roger norway 09/07/2012 - 17:05

I can, to a certain extent, understand the ‘Get off his back’ replys, but the author has a point as well. Ando is a player who’s got attention as a United player because of car crashes, overweight, unfitness more than due to his footballplaying. Posing with chocolatecovered teeth or wine signala something about attitude and if it was Rooney this would have caused mayhem in certain circles..!

Ogusky Steve 09/07/2012 - 10:52

I lv Anderson so much nd am praying 4 him 2 up 2 his game bcz is a fantabulus player on de planet. Up Manchester utd.

bruce thomas 09/06/2012 - 23:49

Fat useless fuck — he manages to make Rooney look sharp — and Ferguson’s nose is sharper than Rooney.

More dead wood. And Nani. Ship the fucking lot out and get some fit and hungry players — not lazy contract whinging puddings.

Ben 09/06/2012 - 21:09

I know what you mean mate. Everyone knows the boy has talent but so did Gio Dos Santos and look where he is now… The truth is a chocolate bar isn’t going to make you unfit, all of a sudden. And all these footie players like to have a glass of wine or bubbly from time to time… Basically it’s up to him, if he has a good first half of the season he won’t be heading off back to Portugal or Brazil or even Russia. And if that happens hes only got himself to blame! I can’t see him staying to be honest! I hope I’m wrong..cause he was ment to be “the next Ronaldinho”!

Dutchman 09/06/2012 - 20:47

Dat is a nice article,ando eatin chocolate instead of putin himself in shape in d holiday.

albasheer 09/06/2012 - 20:14

I am united fan, but i am sick and tired of these absurd article complaining about players far too much. I know they are paid to play and a lot is expected from them, but why can’t we give them a moment of break at times. Sometimes they are just being human. Arrrghhhhh, too much complain on whatever players do sucks

samp 09/06/2012 - 20:23

“Moment of break at times” – We are only three weeks into the season, they have been off all summer!

samp 09/06/2012 - 18:39

A fan who wants him to be at his best for United. Hardly going to improve his fitness is it.

gB 09/06/2012 - 18:40

I dunno man, the article seems a lil over the top to me. How big is this chocolate bar? Lol

samp 09/06/2012 - 18:43

Must be big if he enjoyed it and still has half of it in his teeth.

It’s frustrating to see Anderson taking it so lightly and for granted that he’s at United. he doesn’t seem to want to be put the work in.

gB 09/06/2012 - 18:46

I dunno, there could be other factors in his life that we dont know about. He seems happy enough on his holiday though. Comparing him to Giggs or Scholes is abit mean..

samp 09/06/2012 - 18:54

They are the consummate professionals. You could quite as easily compare him to most other players in our team.

gB 09/06/2012 - 18:36

What the f***? Who are you to moan bout him eatin chocolate?