Nani is starting to sound like Cristiano Ronaldo

Nani is out of favour right now at Manchester United. His inconsistent and repeatedly frustrating performances have placed his future right under the limelight.

Last night, however, he made a real difference when he came on against SC Braga when he gave us some natural width and when asked what is happening with him right now at United, he said he knew what the problem was.

Reportedly, Nani told Portuguese newspaper A Bola: “‘I’m fine [at Manchester United].

“I know my future and I also know why I’m not playing more often.

“Only God knows what awaits me.”

Oh dear. Only God knows? We all know what happened the last time a United player started saying God was the only person who knew what his future held.

Cristiano Ronaldo speaking to Sky Sports News in 2009:

“I feel very happy where I am now. I feel very happy in Manchester.

“Manchester are challenging for titles and I have to appreciate that. Maybe the other clubs don’t have an opportunity like us.

“As for the future, only God knows. I prefer to speak about the present and the present is brilliant. Manchester play well and I feel very happy here and I want to stay here.”

Few players frustrate fans more than Nani does but his individuality and ability to run at a defender are something that make him a genuinely important squad member. If we were to sell him, we’d have to replace him with an equally as tricky winger. Imagine a consistent Nani? He’d be a world class player.

Maybe he’ll be consistent one day – only God knows though.

meddy 10/26/2012 - 07:03

I also say the same ward ,keep Nani in Manchester united p’se!!!. We just need Wanyama or sneldr

david 10/25/2012 - 06:08

p’se p’se!!!! don’t think of selling Nani

Felix 10/24/2012 - 18:53

For God sake please keep nani in manchester,nani is a world class player

Maxwel mulenga 10/24/2012 - 17:59

We ned ice,sneldr,shootman&wanyama, sale nani,carrck flecher

Prince Evans 10/24/2012 - 17:49

I have said this once and I got to say it again. Players got to lose form some day some time. Nani is not a ghost or spirit but a human being and also a player like all those who loses form. Why calling for his head?

Koby 10/24/2012 - 16:46

Nani is the best winger in the premiership

slickrule 10/24/2012 - 16:19

Nani will continue to split opinions amongst Manchester United Fans…I defended Nani all through his poor form because of my hatred for criticizing United players (Ashley Young) but it has gotten to a point that i cant do it any more. The most annoying thing is that Nani is a naturally gifted footballer with techniques many professional players will die for. Skill for Skill Nani is better than to me but the difference is that Ronaldo horned his skill and improved his game. On a good day nani is a world beater…..I just know….I just dont know what is wrong with Luis Almeda Da Cunha

witty 10/24/2012 - 16:14

I think he needs a wage increase, that’s what started this problem in the first place. The worst mistake we will make this season is to sell Nani, just like we sold pogba and bought powell, for God sakes pogba is far better and will have been a great mid fielder at united.