PICTURE: City fan who confronted Ferdinand mocks Munich disaster on Facebook

Matty Stott, 21, has been named and shamed as the Manchester City fan who decided to run onto the pitch after Robin van Persie’s dramatic winner in the derby on Sunday.

He has since released an apology in a statement expressing how he is “ashamed” with his actions. He said:

“I would like to apologise to all those affected by my actions yesterday, particularly Mr Ferdinand and the other players. I am extremely ashamed of my actions. I have let myself down, my family down, my fellow fans down and Manchester City football club.

“I intend to write personally to Mr Ferdinand to express my extreme regret and apologies and also apologise to Manchester United and their fans. I would like to thank Joe Hart for his actions when I came on the pitch.

“I have been a fan of Manchester City football club all my life and I have been a season ticket holder for three years and I attend the games with my father. I have had the same seat in the section next to the away fans for those three years.”

However, that apology seems rather hollow when you look at what he posted on his Facebook page where he posted “He’s a Munich bastard” just hours earlier.

Fans mocking disasters have been in the spotlight this year due to the Hillsborough revelations and although idiotic fans like Matt Stott are in an underwhelming minority, actions like this can’t go unpunished if they are ever going to stop.

Jake Lynch 12/11/2012 - 11:16

It is sick reading all the hateful obscenities on this comments column. Football is a game of friendship, and though a little rivalry makes for healthy competition, taking it to the degree of hate is just plainly stupid. Borrow a leaf from the players themselves, they get along outside the pitch. Van Persie and Joe Hart were watching X-factor side by side and sharing a bowl of Pop corn just hours after the game. Learn to live and tolerate each other!

samp 12/11/2012 - 11:17

Here here Jake. Well said. Without sounding too philosophical, football is still just a game and isn’t bigger than life. People forget that.

Red9ja 12/11/2012 - 08:53

Cityblue(is that a taxi company?)you sound like a deranged ass!you lost one game and all of a sudden ur season is over?dumb ass!

HV 12/11/2012 - 05:04

Hate*

Demond tutu 12/11/2012 - 00:56

Ps, you are all scum. And when the NWO takes over you will all be thrown into extermination camps and butchered without a second thought because you are ‘surplus to requirements’ as far as the human species is concerned.
So make the most of it while you can, because your family and friends are all marked for death.

Jeffrey Ugorji 12/11/2012 - 00:06

U city fans that supported dat animalistic action from ur fellow fan(atics) are equally sick and should get ur head checked. Call a spade a spade. All u need do is just say u find it impossible to deal with ur collosal loss in ur supposed fortress. We are d real Champions, we end unbeaten records, datz one of our specialty, go ask d “Invicibles”, dats what we do. U all sulk like balloteli. Get a life dudes, u misfits dont know jack about sportsmanship, take some lessons from Joe Hart. GGMU.

Will1 12/11/2012 - 13:55

Oh yeah, I remember when you broke the ‘invincibles’ record… You won a penalty from a Shrek dive at the very end of the game. Typically linear brain waves, makes me wonder how idiots like you wake up in the morning. Very, very, very few city fans believe that the actions of that coin throwing supporter were acceptable.. Same goes for the guy who ran on the pitch. Remember the Bellamy incident? Exactly, it comes from both sides. Yes, losing the unbeaten record is painful, but everyone knows we’ll remain right alongside you for the course of the season. Congratulations on the win, first time in 2 years anyone’s managed that in the Premier League, but don’t get too full of yourself, remember what happened last season after we lost to Arsenal and you lot were already celebrating, then again, I don’t think I need to remind you.

CiTyBlUe 12/10/2012 - 23:01

Is a City fan I’d like to say I don’t support violence, unless the tw*t deserves it that is. In Ferdinand’s case he deserved everything he got/gets, it’s just a shame it wasn’t Rooney instead or rat face Neville.

The truth is you bastard United fans and your players mouth off on the internet and twitter, and think you can just say what you want when you want as if its your god given right and get away with it. NEWS FLASH what goes around comes around. YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.

For the record I hate every single one of you, I know I don’t know you but hey I don’t ever want too either.

I laughed my arse off when that United fan got stabbed in Rome, you all act like your fan base is perfectic and squeeky clean but your just a bunch of fecking tw*ts.

Reddev 12/11/2012 - 02:22

perfect*, you uneducated bollox!

HV 12/11/2012 - 05:02

I have no intention of saying that i have all mancity fans, but this guy is jus sick. laughing when people gets stabbed. i dont mind you hating us, but laughing at people who died? tahts jus taking it to a different level. No one deserves to die because of a team you support.

Petrol head 12/11/2012 - 06:23

This is not a reflection of the thinking of the majority of right minded city fans despite what serena Steele may say above. Yes potatoe head and plug go out of their way to wind us up, but tat is because thy are retards with nothing better to do with their time but nothing justifies coin throwing and violence in football, full stop.

Keith 12/10/2012 - 23:00

Oooh big deal he’s a Munich bastard comment get a life you bunch of dimwitted retards!
What about the Mancs who slagged off Hillsborough?
Slagged off several other tragedies?
What about few years ago United fans trying to hit Tevez with coins you lot are the nastiest hypocritical bunch of scumbags I’ve ever witnessed with my own two eyes, you lot should be permanently banned from the EPL forever you WOULD NOT BE MISSED!!!

TheCANTONA 12/10/2012 - 22:58

“I have been a fan of Manchester City football club all my life and I have been a season ticket holder for three years”
THREE F**KIN YEARS?! hahahaha….!!

Petrol head 12/11/2012 - 06:28

Why is that funny you moron?? The lad is only 21, probably couldn’t get daddy to take him to the game and have a prawn sandwich before like you muppets at the swamp!!! Grow up!

Tipper 12/10/2012 - 22:45

Ban him from football grounds for life. Not just for the pitch invasion, but for wearing a very silly hat…

selena steele 12/10/2012 - 18:50

the vast majority of city fans are like him…they are a nasty bunch…..the media myth of the “funny” “loyal” city fan is way off the truth…we united fans know what they are really like…they beat up women and kids and mock munich constantly……shamefully the media has given them praise they dont deserve just like they have with liverpools little “scallies”…..the media created the vicous monster of liverpool fans and are doing the same with city…all because of the hatred of man united……….

Petrol head 12/10/2012 - 22:31

Serena Steele, you are a sad person, do you, even believe what you have just written. I saw 5 reds wade into a dad with a son on each arm walking away from old Trafford, and you had won !!!!! Just because his son had a city shirt on??? That is why I call a nasty bunch!!! Wake up and see what the ret of the football world already knows!!!! utd always were and always will be the wort of the lot!!!

TheCANTONA 12/10/2012 - 23:00

@Petrol Head:
your name sums up your club perfectly…

Petrol head 12/11/2012 - 06:17

Dosent really respond to my point though does it your answer. What a retard!!! Is that because there isn’t a come back or are you just too dim to think of one???? Haha

Fred Benson 12/10/2012 - 18:23

Can we just have a reality check here guys. It was only a few months ago when we had some brain dead United fan mocking Hillsborough, having a tattoo with 96 wne on his back. We have our own imbeciles like city and the scousers. Let’s not kid ourselves we are whiter than white.

Rotterdam91 12/10/2012 - 16:25

A message for all bluemoon forum users. what lies are you thinking about coming up with for this ? Maybe use fixer again ? Calling a utd fan a Munich isn’t mocking the disaster ? haha I heard it all now. Stick to making up lies about deaths. STAY SAFE BLUES *does the yaya toure dance* Winks and nods at fellow blue *does the poznan*

DD 12/10/2012 - 15:46

That is not mocking the Munich disaster at all. There are no references to the disaster itself. The word “Munich” has been a slang name for years by some for Utd fans without particularly malicious intent. But everything in this PC crazy country now is considered an arrestable offence.

samp 12/10/2012 - 15:47

Even if it is a slang name for United fans, it is still mocking the disaster and has its connotations.

Phil 12/10/2012 - 15:49

It’s an entirely unnecessary phrase to use but on it’s own it’s not mocking the Munich disaster. It is really stupid, though.

Rob B 12/10/2012 - 16:07

Funny you say that as if you know anything about united and its fans you would know there used to be a group of followers who followed them and they called themselves “the young munichs” so its acceptable for them to call themselves Munichs?? wobble your head left to right !

DD 12/10/2012 - 17:09

It’s not literal though is it? Do you live in Manchester? Ever called a City supporting mate a “Bitter”? If so, do you mean it literally? Probably not. This is just another attempt to incite outrage and confrontation, as if any more of that was needed.

JPF 12/10/2012 - 16:10

Absolute nonsense. Refering to us as “Munichs” would be like refering to Scousers as “Hillsboroughs”, i.e. totally unacceptable and offensive. Banter is banter but people died for heavens sake, get a grip.

CiTyBlUe 12/10/2012 - 23:05

shut up you priks, your pathetic club makes money off the Munich disaster, but not once did you fecking club support the families of the dead. You pathetic club turned their backs on the families of the Munich disaster and most of you prik united fans weren’t even born when it happened but you think you have a given right to whine about it because you chose to support a club because they were winning.

Demond tutu 12/11/2012 - 00:49

Too right.
Couldn’t agree with you more.
Like cesspool fans carrying on about hillsborough but TOTALLY ignoring Heysel tragedy?

Maw 01/17/2013 - 09:57

What the heck would Munich be referring to for a United player if it isn’t the disaster?

witty 12/10/2012 - 15:45

A ban for life will do just fine. It will teach others a lesson who behave in like manner.

Stevo 12/10/2012 - 15:39

A hollow apology, based on a fear of losing ticket (had since the bilionaires took over!!). I doubt he even knows who his dad is. Ban the scum for life