Ferguson in Spain watching Malaga midfielder Isco

by Tom Parker

Isco Alarcon is rightly rated as one of the brightest young talents in European football. He has emerged this season as Malaga’s best player and is currently starring for the Spanish outfit as they embark on their first Champions League campaign.

European scout Martin Ferguson was reportedly in attendance as Malaga overturned a first leg defeat last week against Porto and also watched the 20-year-old feature in a Copa Del Rey match against Barcelona.

It was the Spanish attacking midfielder who scored his side’s opening goal to progress to the last eight of the competition at the expense of Porto, and the former Valencia man has been in match winning form all season.

His mid-week strike was his 12th of the season and he has also added nine assists in all competitions, so it is of little surprise he has attracted the attention of a whole host of European clubs, including Manchester United.

Another rumoured target James Rodriguez was also in action for Porto but it was Isco who stole the show with an audacious finish.

The Spaniard signed a new deal with Malaga in January in an apparent attempt to ward off interest in the midfielder, with a £30 million release clause inserted into his contract.

While the signing of a new deal often signifies a player’s intention to stay at a club, Malaga’s European ban means that even if they finish in the top four, they will not play in Europe next season, leaving the door for a transfer firmly open.

Central midfield is obviously an area which is in need of reinforcement this summer, so a move for Isco would tick a lot of boxes for many United fans as the 20-year-old is certainly one of the best young midfielders in the world on current form.

Juan veron 03/18/2013 - 23:29

Please sir alex bring us this two guys to OT!

Mubi 03/18/2013 - 22:59

Both isco nd rodrigues are good but anderson,valancia,nani nd smalling let them go 1st

Tommo 03/18/2013 - 21:02

Why don’t you support Birmingham FC u armchair supporter ur not a real supporter I hope u no that dullard Tom u lot make me really really sick so if it was Birmingham vs Manu u wud support man u seriously traitor and a fake fan I’m from London that’s y I support arsenal do u see how it works Tom 16 yr old armchair supporter lol support Birmingham or don’t watch football ok do u even no the name of one place in Manchester lol and
Let me guess ur English but u support Spain wright looool say no more btw we’re go an beat ur fake team at the emirates the. Est team in Manchester is city everyone with half a. Brain cell nos that

Tommo 03/18/2013 - 21:04

And also u wud be able to go toevry match if u were a bcc fan wudnt and for a
To cheaper so if man city in the next ten years win a lot of titles will u support them
Et me no.z I. Fascinated mate

Tommo 03/18/2013 - 21:07

Just support bc. FC I stead of. Wing a fake supporter plz ur still you g u have to e ur not old like me ivejust turned 24 a couple. Months ago ok I no u can do it it’s like being a blogger for football. It then writing an article about basketball u wudnt do it wudu it’s like fighting g in the war for Taliban come on son be a diamond do it do it for me a football purist

Tommo 03/18/2013 - 21:11

Birmingham beat us in the
League cup do a
I was there I remember they still have zigic I think his name is so d t be fake be tea
Ok just think about it and write a article about so I can see ur views ok tommo sorry about the spelling the ad changes the woes for me dds lol I’m going pub now over and out

Tom Parker 03/19/2013 - 17:13

Interesting comments, Tommo. I assume you are unaware of conventional ways of travelling from Birmingham to Manchester?

Would be nice if you used a real email address as well.

boots phiri 03/18/2013 - 16:34

I hope this summer they get him and bale

Eusebius njoku 03/18/2013 - 13:49

Please,fergie buy isco and wayama for us we need a player of this caliber.tell David de ge to persuade lsco to join him at oldtraford or you can go to la liga and look for a player of that caliber.

Abdii 03/18/2013 - 11:06

pls sir Alex buy Isco and Rodriguez they are gud players

Easyone 03/18/2013 - 09:10

Please buy this player for u, we need players of this calibre.

Easyone 03/18/2013 - 09:07

Please buy this player for us.

Nweke chidera 03/18/2013 - 08:45

Sir Fergie pls pls buy isco start chicharito drop welbeck and u get a fanatsic result

NIGEL ARRIES 03/18/2013 - 02:35

This guy is a great player go get him Fergie

qosim abiola hammed 03/17/2013 - 22:56

that good help us buy this player