PICTURE: David Moyes joins the fans before Manchester United’s parade

moyesDavid Moyes may not have taken over as Manchester United manager yet but he is already acquainting himself with the fans. He is taking to being United manager pretty well by the looks of it!

The 50-year-old has the unenviable task of following the irreplaceable but he is walking into the Old Trafford dressing room under the personal recommendation of Ferguson – high praise indeed.

He does have a lot of parallels with Ferguson and not just because he is Scottish. Known for having a fiery temper at times and for promoting the youth, Moyes has been given a six year testament to how much faith United have in him.

And having a close relationship with the fans from the outset is certainly going to be essential at Old Trafford, so Moyes is making a good start in that respect.

Bring on #MoyesBoyes

BrummieRed 05/15/2013 - 21:18

Hi guys, Moyes will be a class act for us

I bought two tickets for the game against WBA, they are in the WBA end but my friend can no longer go, if anyone wants them I would be happy to sell for what was paid. steallen69@live.co.uk for enquires

red4life 05/15/2013 - 00:00

everton have done well getting ex united players do we moan about that come on lads its a picture with 4 people having a laugh im sure its not meant to upset any everton fans as a united fan I always look for the best team in liverpools result that was before moyes signed for united both clubs have great respect for each other that’s how it should be and I wish everton all the best in staying the best team in Liverpool well done everton

uche live 05/14/2013 - 16:52

i hope david moyes is good coach and i beleive he wil do good as a man u coach.as we have supported him he wil do very well.thanks

Shady 05/14/2013 - 16:07

What’s bad in taking a pic with his fan’s?they like him and were willing to take a pic with him,let him be we are not complaining………………..BELIEVE MAN U 4 LIFE!!!

DesBeswickReds 05/14/2013 - 14:30

I think Moyes has the right personality to be a success at United and can I also say I think Everton are a class club with class fans and I wish them all the best.

Gazzaroo 05/14/2013 - 10:33

I can’t believe some fans ! What do you expect him to do ? You wil probably find that the photo was taken on Sunday night as Moyes was in Manchester for a night out with the Everton players ! He is not betraying us in any way, just accepting an invitation to have his photo taken with fans, they could have been any club supporters in the country. He gave us everything over 11 years, he’s class and I hope he is a success at Man Utd. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than him leading Utd to 3 more Champions League trophies, just to make our red neighbours a tad unhappy !!

abbachuks 05/14/2013 - 09:36

Well said! Can we have a picture with u sir? No. Why? Because I’m not yet ur coach. Silly! Come on Moyes make us proud.

nilsatis 05/14/2013 - 09:33

You can tell it’s a fake – none of the ‘Man Utd fans’ is booing Rooney.

wiuru 05/14/2013 - 09:13

Well said Natural Red .

Natural Red 05/14/2013 - 06:04

I don’t see the problem.Amongst other things – he’s a gentlemen.I remember when Fergie was asked by Liverpool fans for his signature and he(like a gentlemen)obliged.This only proves his good nature and spirit.Over one photo which he certainly did not go out of his way to promote or at the very least instigate,you forget 11 years of good service,commitment,dedication and devotion to Everton?Where do you people come from?

Bobby 05/14/2013 - 09:43

It’s about respect to his current employer. Bottom line is though that he should have been put on gardening leave last Thursday.

Anyway weren’t United fans booing Wayne Rooney yesterday, ignoring 9 years of good service, commitment, etc?

Ben 05/14/2013 - 17:26

Gardening leave???? Are you serious? He deserves the chance to see out the season with us and I think the reception he got on Sunday shows how much he is admired and respected by the vast majority of Everton fans. We all understand why he is leaving and respect his decision even if we would rather he had stayed.
It’s plonkers like you spouting drivel on the web who should be ousted, not our hard working, loyal manager.
The pic is something in nothing and you should read too much into it

nilsatis 05/14/2013 - 09:55

I don’t see a problem either. But you can be sure a lot of Man Utd fans would’ve had a problem with Ferguson obliging Liverpool fans a few days after agreeing to become their manager.

Jonesy 05/15/2013 - 11:02

Yeah as an Everton fan this is the Moyes we know all over. Its not a surprise that a bunch of fans, understandably, want a picture with their new manager and DM’s obliged. If he hadn’t it wouldnt be the same man thats been at Goodison all these years.

My hope is that his inherent decency isnt something that hurts him as United manager. I think its one thing to operate on the gentlemans agreement at Everton where setbacks were tolerated in the greater scheme of things, but, at the very highest reaches of the game, when titles and trophies are at stake, a spot of well-meaning naivete might be costly. Hate to see Moyes lose the human touch, as the picture shows, I suspect he’ll have to though…which will be a shame.

feleke berhanu 05/14/2013 - 04:51

good luck but i don’t like ur pic the reason is u are still toffies maneger.

Karen 05/13/2013 - 23:17

I can’t believe you have done this Moyes we all want you to do well but that’s just so wrong, wait until the 1st July. Apparently Utd have that many fans it’s not going to hurt too much to loose 4 though I’m sure they would of understood if you would of said No not a good time. I’m really disappointed.

Paul 05/13/2013 - 21:14

Davy, you would “hang” a player for posing in another clubs shirt before they left so why do the same? The contract starts on 1st July so do not start having double standards as you will lose credibility.

Irrespective of this, good luck and thanks, you deserve it.

Barry Davenport 05/13/2013 - 22:01

he’s only posing in a picture, he’s not even holding the flag or anything. even if he wasnt the new utd manager im sure football fans from all clubs would love a picture with him