Fabregas insisted he was a massive Manchester United fan

Manchester United have today tabled a €30 million bid for Cesc Fabregas according to various reports.

The 26-year-old had been linked with a move to Old Trafford earlier in the summer before the Thiago rumours took hold but now that he has made his move to Bayern Munich, it seems David Moyes is wasting no time in moving for Fabregas.

And if Fabregas’ opinion of United hasn’t changed from back in 2009 when he spoke to the News of the World before United’s UEFA Champions League semi-final clash with Arsenal, he is a massive fan of the club.

“I’m a massive Man United fan,” he proclaimed.

“I have no problem saying United are one of the best clubs in the world – even though I want to beat them. They are the best side in the world at the moment – a top, top side and we respect them a lot.”

“Rooney and Ronaldo are amazing. I really and admire them for what they do. I am a big fan of both of them. You can expect just about anything from them and they always make a difference in games. Look at Ronaldo against Porto – what a goal! It was one of the best goals I’ve seen.”

Players aren’t generally so effusive in their praise of opposition ahead of any game, let alone Arsenal’s captain ahead of playing United.  Of course, back in 2009 we were champions of Europe so there was a level of mutual respect but Fabregas went a bit further by openly stating he was a massive fan.

And maybe if he had a quick word with Robin Van Persie, he would listen to the little boy inside himself too.

Alieu sirleaf 07/16/2013 - 13:08

U guys r havin a very strong argument,but u hav 2 u/std dat footballer r nt consistent in movin frm 1 club to another.their is notin wrong in united buyin frm arsenal or d other way round,as a manager u r under pressure to produce 4 d club,management n d fans arud d world.in respect of dis,u r to do any tin possible to mak ur team a class Lyk others,dis include d buyin of Gud players no matter d club he wit cum frm.dis is d beauty of d game.

stewart 07/16/2013 - 10:41

lol we have been the best team in Europe of the last five years behind barca who are finished!
mufc are always the team to beat!
sign two midfielders moyes its time!

... 07/16/2013 - 22:46

Bayern Munich and Real Madrid?

Vick 07/16/2013 - 04:15

Thiago to bayern fabregas most likely stay but if he did leave best club to come to is man united but if he went to arsenal they will defiantly be contenders too. Manu need fab more then arsenal as we are short in that department. Wait and see what happens

Chris 07/16/2013 - 03:54

Vp is in fact a scumbag

Irish terry 07/16/2013 - 01:38

Van persie came to win medals says it all 😀

andy 07/16/2013 - 00:45

and apparently either would van persie oh wait funny thing is he did and 1st year boom epl

kev 07/15/2013 - 22:51

Cesc would never go to you bunch of scumbags end of

Ian Feetham 07/15/2013 - 22:24

Dont take down a wonderful player like Fabregas, i would love him at Manchester United, i think he would be a tremendous
asset for any club, especially us with the state of our midfield,
im sure If Ronaldo decided to return to the Premier League every club in England would wish to sign him, and i believe
Fabregas is in the same situation, he is a player who gave
eight or nine of the best years of his career to Arsenal and he
deserves better than what some people are labelling him as,
to put it in perspective, an absolutely wonderful player who i
am jealous did not play for my team Manchester United.

Rory 07/15/2013 - 21:22

Man Utd players full of Scousers and Geordies. What about Arsenal? Apart from Wilshere, Chamberlain and Walcott I still can’t think of anyother Englishman at the Emirates, for the past 2 hours. The rest of the squad is made up of mainly Africans and Frenchman, followed by a Beligum and pole. The Emirates trophy cabinet is also empty, ever since they moved to their new council home almost 9 years ago. The upcoming season will see NO change: if lucky, Arsenal at most will be celebrating their 4th spot title!

viera 07/15/2013 - 23:39

Which will be one place above you

... 07/16/2013 - 00:50

Gibbs, Jenkinson and now Dan Crowley (if you include our new young signing)… If you look at British players we also have Ramsey. The only Belgian is our captain Vermaelen who didn’t play at all at the end of the season. Frenchmen – we’ve lost most of them. Africans – only really Gervinho who plays a bit too much for my liking. I would understand more if you said Spaniards and Germans but we have at least twice as many English players as you have said, fair enough only one at the moment is a regular in the first team so I will forgive your other two but Gibbs has been there for a while now so I’m surprised you haven’t heard of him.

anamez 07/15/2013 - 20:44

Fab is a die hard gunner

sean 07/15/2013 - 23:22

that’s why he left

ben 07/15/2013 - 20:37

Seriously. why would he go back to Arsenal to win NOTHING? Its a not brainer that if Man Utd are after you you take notice and pack your bags, unless you are Thiago Alcantara that is. But despite the allegiance to Arsenal i dont think the matter is so black and white, im sure a player like Fabregas would want the best possible chance of silverware and although Fergie is no longer at the helm, Man Utd > Arsenal… by far.

... 07/16/2013 - 00:43

I will agree with you that at the moment Man Utd>Arsenal but if Arsenal were to resign Cesc in addition to signing a top quality striker like Higuain and possibly a defensive Mid, then surely they would be challenging for the title and would be on more equal terms with Man Utd?

And no offence to Man Utd fans out there but unfortunately you (and the whole of the EPL) aren’t as good as you think you are – as can be seen by every single English team in the Champions Leagues failure. The power is shifting towards Spain and Germany, and to be honest Fabregas would be a fool to leave Barca for either of our clubs. The only step up or clubs on the same level as Barca are Real Madrid and Munich. Barca would never sell Cesc to Real Madrid and I highly doubt he would want to go there because of the rivalry between the two teams. Whilst Munich already have an incredibly good midfield and are unlikely to want to sign him and Thiago in quick succession. Which is why I see Cesc staying at Barca for at least another couple of seasons.

However, if we were to come I have to say that whilst the lure of winning trophies would be great he has already won tonnes of trophies at Barca, and there are many clauses that Arsenal placed in his contract combined with the debt that Barca owe arsenal which make them financially a better team to sell to than Man Utd. This is not even taking into consideration public statements from Fabregas saying he’s happy at Barca at the moment and doesn’t want to return to the EPL he would only ever go to Arsenal.

I wish you guys all the best with David Moyes as in my opinion he is a very good manager but you surely have to accept that you would stand more of a chance of signing Cesc if SAF was still at Man Utd.

Steven 07/15/2013 - 19:34

Haha
Bitter bitter losers
I bet you (any of you )
By the end of this week
Cesc will be a man united player :>
So sit down , shut the £&#* up
And keep on hating
United all the way 🙂 🙂 🙂

... 07/16/2013 - 00:33

You seriously do not know about the clauses entered into the deal when Fabregas left arsenal do you. Clause 1. Arsenal get first refusal Clause 2. Arsenal get 50% of any future sell on fees. Fact 1. Barca still owe arsenal about 7m from previous transfers. This means that considering Man Utd are offering 25m arsenal could offer 10m and waive all of the previous clauses (including the debt) and it would be financially better for Barca to accept that offer.

This is not including the fact that Cesc had previously said the only club he would ever leave barca for will be Arsenal – although admitadly money does talk so he could be persuaded to join Man Utd on that front, but he does seem to have more morals than RVP.

I’m not going to join in the Moyes bashing that some of my fellow arsenal fans have been doing because I think he is a very good manager and will succeed at Man Utd. However, I cannot see Barca selling Cesc to either of our clubs this season and unfortunately for Man Utd fans Arsenal is the most likely destination because of the above facts. I wish Man Utd all the best as I (slightly) prefer them over City and Chelsea but I cannot see Cesc as part of your squad, there are still plenty of top quality CM’s out there who you could go for though, and one of them would surely enhance your squad.

Ikechukwu 07/16/2013 - 09:17

U are a real footbal fans n nt lik odas hu are just folowers kudos. Moyes wil win trophies in ManU n I hope Fabregas wil nt turn us down.

Tabula Emmanuel 07/16/2013 - 19:53

And u are a disappointing Man-u fan. Dint u hear what he said?

... 07/16/2013 - 22:30

Can I just ask what offended you? I seriously do not think Cesc will leave Barca this season. My point is simple that IF he did want to leave because of the facts that I mentioned earlier Barcalona are more likely to accept a bid from Arsenal because of the finances involved.

I wish you guys the best of luck with Moyes because although I hate saying this out of all the other big teams that finished above Arsenal I like Man Utd more than City and Chelsea. In addition to the fact that I think Moyes is a top quality manager and will win things with Man Utd, although I cannot see Cesc as part of your future squad – possible but unlikely in my opinion. Although we can all have our dreams like Messi joining Arsenal but that probably won’t happen either. I wish you guys the best of luck and if Arsenal don’t win the EPL (which is looking fairly likely) I wish you guys all the best.

MK 07/15/2013 - 18:59

The difference in following this story compared to Thiago’s is that I can check the internet regularly waiting for confirmation of the obvious…and that is there is no f*cking chance of us getting him.

Crafty101001100 07/15/2013 - 18:17

Interesting article and even more interesting comments from some seriously deluded Gooners.
As a United fan, in Manchester, I hope we don’t sign Fabregas. Essentially because he is shit.
Would rather we spent that type of money on a younger more appropriate player. Hopefully this is just paper bollocks and nothing more. Where would he play Fabregas? Alongside Carrick? Perhaps. Behind the striker? No, thanks. I’d rather let Kagawa have that slot. He’s much more a United type of player. He deserves a chance in his favoured position before being pushed out to the wing. As for you Gooners, you make me laugh. You all act like players hold some kind candle for Arsenal when most of them leave frustrated at winning nothing for years, and in truth, are probably incredibly pleased to get out of a team that thinks finishing fourth is success.

samp 07/15/2013 - 18:53

A strong opinion Crafty. I wouldn’t call Fabregas shit by any stretch of the imagination but if he isn’t right, who would you think should play alongside Carrick?

John 07/16/2013 - 06:58

We could look into Dortmund players they seem to have bought a few. I’m sure they are willing to offload a few. Not sure what position he plays in but I’d love to see Sven bender in a united shirt. I think Blaszczykowski would be a good signing too!

Steveo 07/16/2013 - 12:19

Keep playing FIFA, buddy.

Steven 07/15/2013 - 19:39

Got to say this is the most sense iv seen in the comments
Not to sure cesc is shit tho
And iv united play a 4-1-2-1-2
Fab regard could play alongside carrick
With java wa just in front of them before Rooney and rvp 😀

Chris 07/16/2013 - 03:58

If u think cesc is shit than there is something seriously wrong with u . And as for carrick what an average player he is

Tom 07/15/2013 - 18:04

IT’S ALL MELTING AWAY IS IT????…
They won the title for 2 of the last 3 seasons..the latest, what was it about 7-8 weeks ago!!!!
Nice try,but a poor one…. comments of your quality take us all back to the school playground

Martin257 07/15/2013 - 17:29

I sense panicking from Arsenal fans.

lol...yea good one! 07/15/2013 - 18:12

and i sense ignorance from united fans! lol…keep dreamin mate..

zico59 07/15/2013 - 17:10

what a complete idiot. have’nt you got anything else to write other than this crap. he will never go to you lot. certain clauses inserted into his contract would mean that barca would have to sell him at 80+million to get thir money back due to the fact that we get 50% of any sell on fee. you actually make us gooners laugh with statements like thaT AS HE’S ALREADY PUBLICLY STATED THAT THE ONLY CLUB HE WOULD LEAVE BARCA FOR WOULD BE ARSENAL…GET IT!!! if you had 2 more brain cells you could have been a cabbage.

peters 07/15/2013 - 17:46

corrects

sparky 07/16/2013 - 09:29

Your the cabbage cockney muppet the clause is in the contract but why would he want 2 go back to a club that was extatic at 4th position in the league last season. Thats why cesc and rvp followed you lot are small club in a big city

George 07/16/2013 - 10:36

Opinions change unlike the amount of trophies arsenal have won

Iceman 07/15/2013 - 17:03

Defending champions I say no more!!!!!!!!

Uwazzy 07/15/2013 - 17:01

You guys will just make this news more hurting by the time he denounces United .

This was exactly how pictures of Thiago wearing a UNITED shirt as a KID were put all over the net . Please bring down such articles until he joins( that’s if he would ever).

Logically please, where would UNITED fit in Fabregas’ heart compared to his Boyhood club from his hometown ? And he hasn’t even won the UCL with Barca yet .

Rest my case.

Terence McGovern 07/15/2013 - 17:00

Never ever going to happen and a foolish move from a manager who didn’t need a “nobody wants to come and play for” tag added to all the expectation of him. Arsenal’s first option buy back clause is well documented and even if it wasn’t Barca would be insane to sell both Thiago and their second top scorer and most assist provider from last season.

john 07/15/2013 - 17:15

Its funny how before moyes was man utd manager EVERYONE was saying he deserves to manage chesea or city and that he would do better than mancini and benitez with their resources,BUT as soon as he’s announced as man utd manager everyone is calling him a nobody and a loser.Just admit your all jealous and i laugh at your bitterness

EIE 07/15/2013 - 17:00

What a load of bollocks

maurice johnson 07/15/2013 - 17:00

I do not think he could take the hatred free the Arsenal fans.

OJM 07/15/2013 - 17:00

Sid – Current PL champions mate, not sure that’s exactly ‘harking back’

RealG 07/15/2013 - 16:59

What is wrong with United fans?? You seem to all love Arsenal players?? Are you all confused?? Shouldnt you be supporting the Arsenal?? I know United fans are mostly GLORY supporters and we both wear red but Arsenal are the team from London ok?? Manchester United are the ones from a dirty place in the north west! Funnily enough called ‘Manchester’…i know United fans are not the brightest or most intelligent people in the world and most of your fans live in London…ahhhh thats what it is!! …All your fans (being from everywhere but Manchester) are used to watching their local team (Arsenal) play amazing beautiful football and then you all want the Arsenal players at United! I guess United can’t produce their own talent anymore so have to steal from their rivals! Your team is full of scousers, geordies and londoners!! lol!! Pathetic!!

samp 07/15/2013 - 17:04

Beautiful football seems to get you lots of spare room in your trophy cupboard Jonny.

Spraff 07/15/2013 - 17:35

Yeh, I mean look at Barcelona. Loads of room in their trophy cupboard. Great argument there…

samp 07/15/2013 - 18:07

Who is talking about Barcelona here? I’m talking about Arsenal.

Milan 07/15/2013 - 19:55

How else does a team expand? A team needs to gather fans outside the local region. Manchester United earned the right to have the fan base they have because they have won trophies and play exciting football (last minute goals etc.).
You say Manchester United love Arsenal players but they have only bought Robin Van Persie in the last decade…Arsenal are culprits of ‘loving’ Manchester United players as they got Mikael Silvestre after his contract ran out. So, it seems that both teams are on par with the exchanging of players.

darren 07/15/2013 - 18:32

joker ur team is made up of how many home grown players
what is a joke is u cant field a team of british players and come on beautiful football yer against lower teams do u remember last time u played well against united lol
i promise ur season will be the same as last 7 seasons u may scrape top for ur a stepping stone for good players thats all

Brains 07/15/2013 - 16:57

Fabregas ain’t no RVP. He will only ever play for Arsenal or Barcelona. With Fergusson – maybe Fabregas would’ve had a 10% temptation – but with David-Won-Nothing-Moyes Fabregas would NEVER go there! Dream on!

samp 07/15/2013 - 17:01

I’m sure you would have said the same thing about RVP before he moved.

Iceman 07/15/2013 - 17:45

I’ll second that! Bitter ass fan lol

Sid 07/15/2013 - 16:57

ManU fans, or as they will soon be known as; the new scousers. Constantly harking back to their glory days….

Melting, melting, its all melting…. Hahahahahahaha!

darren 07/15/2013 - 18:19

lol back to the glory days oooooooooooooooooooh
u mean last season lolololololololololol

Bred Red 07/17/2013 - 02:25

Sad Sid!!!

knighty 07/15/2013 - 16:56

yeah he even threw a pizza at sir red nose! Massive Fan!

Geth 07/15/2013 - 16:55

haha, lol. Nice Joke about the Little boy inside… But no, he wouldn’t move to Man U when Arsenal are interested.

George 07/16/2013 - 10:30

But arsenal are shit compared to united

Adam 07/15/2013 - 16:52

Fantastically funny.
I remember when Cesc said he had always wanted to play for David Moyes too.