Moyes officially confirms Manchester United bid for Fabregas

David Moyes has confirmed that Manchester United submitted a bid for Barcelona’s Cesc Fabregas.

It is the first time that Moyes has spoken out about any transfer target this summer as he has played his cards close to his chest up until now.

“I don’t like to talk about players at other clubs but I can confirm we made a bid for him,” Moyes said when asked about Fabregas according to The Guardian.

This is fantastic news for United. Although the bid had seemed genuine, a public admission of submitting an offer will show Fabregas that we are genuine about trying to sign him this summer.

And now that Ed Woodward is back in Manchester to wrap up some transfer business, there is a real chance that Fabregas could become a United player after Spanish radio station RAC1 revealed that he is having doubts about his Barcelona future.

Winston 07/20/2013 - 12:19

Why waste time in a bid for a player who dosent want to leave for another club ….and to think arsenal has a buy back clause on him.please we should go for players like de Rossi or modric without the clauses for goodness sake and not disgrace our selves this incoming season. We can clearly see that Mayes not being a world class coach is affecting our signing big players. He has to do better than he is doing or else………

nex 07/20/2013 - 00:11

I know Cesc Fabregas is the right move. Manchester United for Life

lester 07/19/2013 - 14:40

I think united know how to do business, last year everyone went on about lucas and he ended up going to PSG 40 mill they wanted for him. United got rvp pfa player and top goal scorer in the premier league and we also landed kagawa bundisloga player of the season both for 40 mill. WOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW ….. Dave I think you need to know your shit before you open your mouth. This year is no different we will get the right player….. you guys are already forgetting we signed Zaha last season you have not seen anything yet.

BBP 07/19/2013 - 12:58

Hmmm 🙂

dave 07/19/2013 - 10:19

united on transfers are the laughing stock in world football!

christian patrick 07/19/2013 - 07:58

Is not possible we need to get used to all this buLlshit @bt man utd been linked to players. Nt putin on the red shirts

Rory 07/19/2013 - 01:38

Would be great signing but Mr Wenger seems confident when saying “Mr woodward is wasting his time chasing Fabregas” all the way from Australia. Personally I don’t think Mr Woodward left the team camp in Sydney for Fabregas, I believe its for another target – most probarly Leighton Baines but I hope I am proved wrong!

dps 07/19/2013 - 01:03

Would make up for all of our transfer failings